Engati’s integration hub allows integration with external applications to provide added functionality to portal users to build their bots. Integration of Google Analytics lets you track a wide range of user analytics. Studying user behaviour and analytics can lead to the bot builders not just making a better bot for the users but also gaining key insights into their user base. You can track multiple activities such as paths triggered, FAQs triggered, buttons clicked, live chat triggered, etc.
You can add your google analytics account by clicking on the Integrations tab on your left panel and selecting Google Analytics.
To connect Google Analytics to Engati you will need the tracking ID, follow the below-mentioned steps to get the Tracking ID from your Google Analytics account.
1. Log in to your Google Analytics account and
2. If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, navigate to Google analytics and sign up with your existing Gmail account
3. Click on Admin and then create a new account
4. Give the account a name and go to the next step of creating a new property
5. Give a name to the new property and click on the button ‘Show advanced options’
6. Create a Universal property by toggling the option ON
7. Give a name of the website, it can be any website and select the option to – Create a Universal Analytics property
8. Click on ‘Create’ and accept the terms and services
9. To get the tracking ID, click on the Admin button in the bottom left corner of the property
10. Click on Tracking Info under the property field.
11. Under Tracking Info, select the Tracking code option. The code will appear on the left, copy this code and input it into the Engati portal.
Step 1: Integrations>Google Analytics>Connect. Give a name to the integration and click on Authorize.
Step 2: Once you click on Authorize you will need to enter the Tracking ID from your Google Analytics account into Engati.
The Google Analytics account has now been connected to Engati.
Step 3: Navigate to ‘Configure’ on the bot and select the Integrations tab. Click on Google Analytics
Step 4: Select one of the integrated Google Analytics account
Note: One google analytics account can only be configured with one bot and vice versa, to prevent the mixing of data from multiple bots in one google analytics property
Once Google Analytics has been integrated with Engati, you will be able to create and track custom events in a different node.
Let’s see how to track these events.
1. Go to the node that you wish to track and click on the edit button.
2. Once you open the edit window you will see a toggle button against the Track Event field. Toggle this to on and give the event a name. Multiple nodes can be assigned the same event.
3. Start typing and selecting the available existing event name from the suggestions
4. To create a new event, click on the ‘Add New Event’ button and give a new name. You can also use an existing attribute as an event name.
This event will now be tracked in Google Analytics when a user reaches the particular path
Step 1: Navigate to your google analytics account and select the required property
Step 2: Click on ‘Customization’ on the left side navigation and select ‘Dashboards’
Step 3: Click on the ‘Create’ button
Step 4: Select the option to ‘Import from gallery’
Step 5: Search for ‘Engati chatbot analytics’ and click on Import
Step 6: Select the required property and give a name to the dashboard
Once this is done, data will start flowing to the created dashboard
Note: For the first time, it can take up to 24 hours for the data to come to the google analytics dashboard in the above format
To enable setting custom dimensions navigate to Configuration>Integration>Google Analytics>Settings. As a pre requisite, the chatbot should be connected to a Google Analytics account to enable custom dimension
- Toggle the switch as On, to enable custom dimensions
- You can provide an index number to send – UTM Source, Medium, Campaign, Term, Content to the integrated account
- To get the index number, open your Google Analytics account
- Click on ‘Admin’ on the below left and then select the Custom Dimension option for the applicable property
- Click on the ‘+New Custom Dimension’ button
- Name the custom dimension and click on Create and Done
Google Analytics will provide an index number for each custom dimension created
- Copy the index numbers and paste them into the ‘Settings’ tab in Engati and click on the ‘Save’ button
- If a new user is created using UTM Source, Medium, Campaign, Term, or Content, the same will be sent to the integrated Google Analytics account
- You can create a new widget with the following parameters in your Google Analytics dashboard. Use the same name that has been given while creating a custom dimension in the Google Analytics account