Onboarding & Deployment
In order to integrate your Shopify, you need to create a private app for Engati and generate API Access token and Secret key on your Shopify account via following steps -
1. Go to your Shopify account Settings (at the bottom of the left navigation panel)
2. Scroll down to Apps and Sales channel settings -> Click on “Develop Apps” -> Allow custom app development.
3. Click on “Create an app” -> Add App name as “Engati” -> Create App
4. Go to the Configurations tab or Click on “Configure Admin API scopes” -> Under All tab -> Select the checkboxes providing permission to access Shopify related features on Engati -> Click on “Save”.
5. List of mandatory permissions needed to enable all Shopify related features on Engati are listed below:
- write_customers: Allows updation of customer profile like phone number, address and email
- read_customers: To allow customer to query their info on the bot. Also used by agents to see the customer details on one view.
- read_orders: To allow customer to query their order details on the bot. Also used by agents to see the order history for a customer on one view.
- write_orders: Allow order updates like order returns, refunds, updates to shipping address, etc
- read_all_orders: Access to all orders - Needed to generate system segments for retargeting customers
- write_script_tags: Need this to deploy the Engati chatbot(widget) on the store
- read_discounts: Need this to validate the discount code provided in the Engagement Triggers
- read_products: Need this data to have access to product info such as Product Details, Variant Details, Product Images, etc. This is required for Product Discovery
- write_draft_orders: Need this to create a draft order for WA Commerce Automation.
- read_draft_orders : Need this to fetch a draft order for WA Commerce Automation.
6. Once the configuration is saved -> Go to API credentials (next tab) -> click on “Install App” and “Install” again.
7. Your API Access Token (first field) and Secret key (last field) will be generated.
8. This needs to be added in Step 3 of Onboarding while setting up your Shopify Store on Engati
Step 1 - Create Account on Engati
- Add Email address and password
- Click on “Create Account”
- Option 1 - Set up Whatsapp Business Account
- Connect your number with Whatsapp business APIs to interact with your customers for customer support, to send promotional campaigns, connect your own eCommerce store to automate transactional notifications and much more.
- Enter the API key of Whatsapp business account to complete the setup.
- In case you don’t have an API key, please visit - https://wa.cbots.live/engati to create one.
- Click on “Continue” to proceed.
- Option 2 - Connect to Engati’s Sandbox Mode
- In case you are not ready to connect your own number right away, you can connect to the sandbox mode (test mode) to experience Engati’s features and functionalities without the hassle of connecting your WhatsApp Business API.
- Simply, add your personal Whatsapp number to enable the Sandbox trial mode.
- Click on “Continue” to proceed.
- Once the sandbox mode is activated for you, you will get an automated message on Whatsapp (on the number connected to Sandbox), where you need to tap on “Get Started” to explore campaign and broadcast templates and many more.
- Brand name -> Add your brand name that will be visible to your users.
- Website URL -> Add your Shopify website url
- Timezone -> Add the timezone to setup your bot
- Work Days -> Add your working days and working hours to set up the chatbot’s availability.
- Support Email and Phone Number -> Add the support email address and phone number to communicate with your business.
- Store Name - Add your Shopify store name
- Store Address - Add your Shopify store address (for example: myshop.myshopify.com) to integrate your Shopify account with Engati
- API Access Token* - Add the Shopify API access token generated on your Shopify. Scroll down to Section 1 - “Configure Engati on your Shopify account”. This is optional. You can also connect your Shopify account later under Integrations -> Shopify -> Add account.
- Secret Key* - Add the Shopify Secret Key generated on your Shopify. Scroll up to Section 1 - “Configure Engati app on your Shopify account”. This is optional. You can also connect your Shopify account later under Integrations -> Shopify -> Add account.
(*Please note - In order to auto sync your Shopify products and collections to Whatsapp via Engati, you will need to add the Store address, API Access Token and secret key to integrate your Shopify account with Engati. Product sync will take up to 1-2 hours after completing the Three steps of onboarding.)
10. Click on “Get Started with Engati” to complete your onboarding with Engati.