WhatsApp Setup using Clickatell
WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware, cross-platform messaging, and Voice over IP service. The fastest-growing messaging platform and Enagti allows you to use this platform for your bot. Engati has its integration with Clickatell and you can deploy your Engati bot on Whatsapp using this integration.
Note: We don’t support ONE API integration in Clickatell and only direct WhatsApp integration. Clickatell has discontinued support for direct WhatsApp integration APIs for new accounts. Existing accounts that have the WhatsApp integration APIs enabled will continue to work.
- Login to your Clickatell account
- Go to Whatsapp Integration and create a new Whatsapp Integration.
- Add a name for your Whatsapp integration
- Click on Configure> Deployments>WhatsApp and select Clickatell in the Provider option.
- In the Integration settings tab paste the Message status callback URL and Receive Message Callback URL from the Engati portal.
[Note :1. The Authentication mode for Whatsapp would be JSON Web Token2. $provider in the webhook URL should be changed to Clickatell for eg. https://app.engati.com/clickatell/webhooks/a0/b98a56f23abc4f28]
- Add your business profile and test phones for the Integration.
- Save the changes made.
[Note: In the sandbox environment you would be able to test the integration with your test phone only ]
- Now come to the Engati portal, go to Deploy -> Whatsapp.
- Copy your API key from the Whatsapp integration and paste it in the JSON web token field.
- Paste your Whatsapp number for your Whatsapp Integration in the phone number field.
- And configure this URL in the Client URL field (https://platform.clickatell.com/wa/messages)
- Once all the details are entered then save the changes and you are good to test your bot on Whatsapp with your test numbers.