Engati for WooCommerce - Onboarding and Deployment
WooCommerce is a popular e-commerce platform allowing businesses to easily create and manage online stores. It is built on top of WordPress, which makes it easy to customize and extend with plugins and themes.
We’ve introduced a WooCommerce Integration for you to increase sales and grow your business by automating the tasks such as Sending Order notifications, Abandoned checkout reminders, Collecting Feedback, Re-ordering, etc.
The WooCommerce integration is available under Integrations > Cloud Integrations on the Engati portal.
1. Installing Engati Plugin on WordPress Store -
a) Login to your WordPress store and Navigate to the Plugin tab on the left panel of the WordPress admin. (WordPress is the platform over which we install Woocommerce as the plugin)
b) Click on the Add New button next to the Plugin heading on the top left of the page.
c) Click on the Upload Plugin button on the top left next to the “Add Plugins” heading which will open a section to upload a file. Upload the Engati plugin zip file -> Click on the “Install now” button. It will open a section.
d) Click on the ‘Activate Plugin’ button
2. Generating an API key
1. Go to the WooCommerce option (present on the left side) > Settings > Advanced
2. Select the ‘REST API’ option and fill up the key details
- Description: Assign a name of your choice to identify the key
- User: Select an owner for the key
- Permissions: Restrict the key access by choosing between the Read and Write permission
3. Once you click the ‘Generate API key’ button, it generates a Consumer key, Consumer secret, and QR Code.
Note: The generated keys are displayed on a one-time basis, it is advised to save them for future purposes.
3. Setting up a WooCommerce account on Engati Portal
a. Go to https://app.engati.com/admin/woocommerce/get-started
Fill up the required fields and click on “Create Account”
b. Once you create and set up the bot on your account, Go to Integrations and click on the connect button for WooCommerce.
c. You’ll need to fill out the details based on the information generated from your WordPress store.
- Account name: Assign a name to your account
- Site Address: Copy the entire site address till the ‘wp-admin’ keyword
Note: Please make sure to add “/” (slash) at the end of the URL. You can integrate only one account at a time with the site address
- Consumer key & Consumer Secret: Copy-paste the keys generated from your WordPress store.
d. Click on ‘Connect’ and you’re good to go!